Tuesday 30 December 2008

New Year's Eve


Oh dear - my ex turned up yesterday for his gloves and hung around for a while. He asked about New Year's Eve and New Year's Day so I told him I was going out - I may have to decamp to Lye Torng for New Year's Eve now as he tends to be a bit sneaky and turn up unexpectedly.

Madeleine is coming over on New Year's Day it seems.

My main problems at the moment are getting the catflap installed, and getting rid of the very heavy Christmas tree. I am tempted to buy a fake tree for next year - a blue fir covered in fake snow so I don't have to decorate it. Would go with the white room. And be quite minimalist.

Dorothy and Julian turned up for a short while earlier to drop off Madeleine's Christmas present in case they didn't manage to get up in time to meet up as they are hoping to on New Year's Day. I was very pleased that Dorothy found time to install the new cat flap, so Malvolio is wearing his pink diamante collar once again, though he hasn't ventured out so far.

Popped in to the Lye Torng for a quick drink and met Ellie, who had been one of the old crowd. She is working at King's and we had a drink before she went off to a party at the Ministry. Came back home to watch Father Ted.

No comments: