Tuesday 23 December 2008

The Day Before Christmas Eve

Well, today I took Allegra Mcavedy's advice from the newspaper and went to Lidl. I first bought a paper and had a large breakfast in an excellent greasy spoon called Ozzie's in the Old Kent Road. I had egg, bubble, tomato, bacon, mushrooms, a large mug of tea and two slices of bread and marge for under a fiver.

I then purchased some crayfish in brine, two frozen lobsters and a pack of frozen langoustines. All from Lidl for just over £20. A black couple purchasing what seemed like half the shop for their large family let me go through the till first as I was buying so little. The Christmas spirit is abroad. After a warming Scotch and dry in the Lye Torng, I went home, did some more washing, dealt with the guinea fowl stock by removing the carcass from it and simmered the prunes d'Agen in Earl Grey before cooling them and putting back in alcohol.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I WILL clean the silver, buy some Bailey's, make some bread and cook the ham. And buy some pale powder. I rather fancy having a pale face and red lipstick. We shall see.

No comments: