Friday 25 May 2012

Chelsea Flower Show

Was rather disappointing in a way. I think I am too unfit for it. There was a long walk to get in, then a long queue, and masses and masses of commercial stalls for the sale of garden related stuff such as sets of garden furniture etc. In between were the gardens laid out by various organisations. The winning Brewin Dolphin garden was good but hard to get close to. It was boiling hot and my feet were misbehaving so my concentration was not good. Had to sit down and have an ice after half an hour, and had to leave after an hour.There was an awful lot of garden related sculpture. I suspect that you have to be very keen on gardens to enjoy the show, but at least I actually went to it. I thought the best thing was a tall kind of cone structure. It was good to see Julia, who works so hard to get tickets for these things, and to meet some more Carpe Diem members, some for the first time. Waiting for the bus coming back were two very old ladies who had been there since 10am so most are more hardy than me. Here's some pics-

No comments: