Friday 7 December 2012

Successful Recipe

Just adapted a Bompas & Parr recipe, originally for 8 quails but I have used chicken thighs and drumsticks. I heated the oven to 220. In a bowl I put a roughly chopped handful of fresh rosemary, a teaspoon of sea salt and one of coarsely ground black pepper. I added half a jar of cheap marmalade, then the juice and zest of an orange. Rubbed it all into the chicken bits which I left marinating while the cooker heated, then placed the chicken bits onto an oiled tray and poured the marinade over. After 15 minutes baste with the mixture, and again after 25. Leave for another 5-10 minutes, baste again and turn the oven off. Can be served with mash or a salad. The marmalade is excellent and makes it brown very well, but doesn't do the tray any favours. Done with 8 quails and adding the juice of a lemon and using posh marmalade might make it even better. Very easy party food too. I may redo this over the Christmas period. Wonder where I can find quails cheaply?

No comments: