Saturday 8 December 2012

Winter Wonderland

Intended to go to this today but got cold feet (literally) at the gates with the swarms attending. Instead a few of us made for the island with the Wellington statue thingy and drew there. April did Apsley House, and I did a rather faint sketch of the view in front of me before being strangely drawn to the Pret I spied nearby for a coffee. Afterwards we all staggered off to the Grape in Shepherd Market for the moment of shame when we revealed our efforts. Needless to say, the others were brilliant. Sloped off home, and this evening Christophe and Victorine are due to be taken to Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec. My lodger left this morning so I have made the bed up in case they want to stay for the night. Tomorrow ASC are holding open studios which I may possibly attend, and there's the Mamuska party tomorrow night. I wish I had someone to take as they will all be Polish, so I may not go. We shall see. Kind of them to invite me anyway.

No comments: