Saturday 29 September 2007

Around and About on Saturday


went to Elephant and Castle so-called 'Elefest' which consisted of a few things going on at the shopping centre. I watched a bit of salsa, which was on half an hour late, and was banned from taking any snaps in the shopping centre! so went home, but fortunately I had already taken a few.

Had lunch with a Pimms in the Lye Torng ( known as the 'thong' by my friend Davide). Later, I decided to dye the fairly awful American quilts I had bought in a drunken moment on QVC. Bought two lots of turquoise dye and stuck the first one in. Not sure if it will work as the machine is really overloaded. We shall see.

Have decided the sitting room needs painting and flooring before Christmas so will order the remainder of the flooring and get some quotes, plus some quotes for painting, since this will have to be done first.

They are putting the second kitchen in next door, so they have converted the house into two flats without planning permission which is rather a nuisance, since I could now have two possibly appalling sets of neighbours instead of one. I am now thinking of selling and moving to Ireland, since it is apparently the best place to live in the world, and England only the 29th, according to a recent survey.

No comments: