Tuesday 18 September 2007

Depression, Chowder and Barcelona

Have been feeling a bit depressed recently and this seems to make me stay in the house. I kept meaning to hoover or do something useful but could not be bothered. However my recent enthusiasm for cooking eventually kicked in and this evening I made a kind of chowder, frying strips of bacon and onion, adding smoked haddock and prawns and a bit of water, taking the haddock out with the prawns when cooked. Then I added some milk to the liquid, some peas and a bayleaf and a little nutmeg, seasoned, reduced a bit then put back the skinned haddock chunks and prawns before serving. Quite nice.

Sent an email to Colanders as Dorothy insisted that I complain about the broken souffle dishes. Dorothy rang from Spain today. They are considering using a different agent to sell the flat, with a Spanish type arrangement where you tell them how much you want and they then get whatever they can. We shall see. The weather is apparently boiling in Barcelona and they are managing to enjoy themselves a bit, fortunately.

No comments: