Sunday 30 September 2007

First Snap of Actual Father and Cooking Again

Mykel has just sent me a snap of my father as a young man. Apart from being male, he looks exactly the same as me when young. Scary. Have also had a card from Cherie who has moved to Newton Abbot and sent me her new address. Mykel tells me through Facebook that Roberto is having fun in France and possibly buying a bar in Roscoff. I feel a trip to La Belle France coming on.

It was a bit nippy today so decided to make a lamb stew, or rather a mutton stew with some mutton from Borough Market which I had in the freezer, and strangely possibly, some stock from the pig's trotter, also from the freezer. In addition: mushrooms and wild dried mushrooms, carrots, celery, huge amounts of parsley, potatoes, bayleaves, onions, garlic, seasoning and cinnamon. And a teeny bit of chili. Also made a cobbler with some frozen summer fruit, the cobbler of which is rather heavy on top. Did it from the recipe on the fruit packet, but should have trusted my instincts and made a sponge mix and poured it on the top, or a simple crumble mix. The fruit is somewhat overwhelmed. I shall report on the lamb stew later.

Meanwhile had a snacky lunch consisting of chips and spare ribs from the Lye Torng. Could not purchase any more dye today, so will get some tomorrow after the first guy has quoted to paint the sitting room, and before the second guy ditto arrives later in the afternoon.

No comments: