Wednesday 12 September 2007

Boring Souffle and Hell's Kitchen Pain in Ass - Again!

Made the cheese souffle. It eventually rose, but was rather a disappointment because it made me decide that there were better ways of eating cheese and eggs. Someone was supposedly coming for lunch, but eventually turned up an hour late and only wanted to drink lots of coffee and smoke cigarettes, so I didn't cook the souffle until dinner time.

A few days ago I had an email from Hell's Kitchen inviting me to be a 'stand-in' diner in the restaurant. It seemed they were inviting celebrities to dinner but invited an extra ten people to champagne in the bar, out of which four or more were 'randomly' selected to have dinner. I had to think about this a bit, since the place was miles away, and most of my friends would not be interested, even in the free drinks . I eventually selected a friend to whom I explained the situation, and got back to HK giving three possible dates - for their convenience. I have never heard back from them. Tomorrow night is the last date we gave. I do hope they don't contact me at the last moment. If they weren't going to bother, I really don't know why they made the offer. Oh well, it is typical of their behaviour so far, so I shouldn't really be surprised.

No comments: