Saturday 15 September 2007

Tatin, Dorothy, Telly and Tea Place

I definitely need to get a small pair of copper pans for tarte Tatin. Shall look online or in John Lewis. Made a couple of small ones today but my containers aren't deep enough. Also put too much butter in so they cooked on the hob rather than caramelised.

Dorothy came around last night to say goodbye before they go to Barcelona today. It seems as though Dorothy's work is going very well and the colleagues are nice guys.

Watched half an hour of HK last night where they changed the kitchens around as a bit of a challenge. Two will be eliminated tonight and presumably we will know the 'winner' on Sunday night.

I noticed that Britain's Best Dish starts at 5pm on Monday. Shall watch it to see if there are any embarrassing glimpses of moi as an unsuccessful candidate. Dreading it already.

I must find someone to drag up to tea in Borough Market as there is a new tea place there. Ever since I suddenly had the obsession with teatime, teasets, teapots, teacloths etc a year or two ago, new tea places have been springing up as though my thoughts were being read. I can't remember what it is but there is a name for when people all over the world seem to have the same idea at the same time.

No comments: