Monday 24 September 2007

Buying at Bookers and Britain's Best Dish


Found out that sweet pastry tarts are OK if taken out of the fridge hours before serving. Otherwise rock hard.

Went to Bookers with Dorian and bought some dried porcini, a cake tin, two oval stainless steel platters a la HK for shoving food under grills, in ovens etc. to keep warm before serving, and a red striped apron which looks v. professional. And revisited Sainsbury's at Nine Elms as Dorian had to buy some food. I purchased some black forest ham as Tesco have stopped stocking it and I like using it as bacon .

They aired the Britain's Best Dish South, including London, yesterday. Strangely there was a roquefort cheese ice cream as a pudding, the guy poncily injecting grapes with wine etc, and I was glad to see it did not win. Beaten by a gorgeous raspberry and almond frangipane tart which I shall nick the recipe from the website. Also keen to do the pheasant casserole from that programme. Fortunately I did not catch sight of myself failing the interview - they seem to flash past the failures quite quickly, fortunately.

No comments: