Friday 14 September 2007

Souffle Dishes and Tatin

Amazingly good news. Reply from Colanders who told me to keep the souffle dishes and they are sending the ones I actually ordered as well! So I have posted a note to the local forum offering them free to collectors. Have had one demand and managed to give one to a neighbour so far. They are great and the usual price is about £18 so a good freebie.

No word from HK so suspect that is that. Shall put Madeleine on to them about my money when she returns. Also, Romy pointed out that with fewer cooks the recipes need to be much simpler and quicker. Absolutely right. Interesting that none of the new recipes are in the recently published Hell's Kitchen cookbook.

Have peeled some apples and am going to try and make a tarte Tatin. Two problems with this are that my pan is rather shallow and small, and it is not copper. Though I really don't think copper is necessary I would be happier if the pan was a bit deeper. Ah, also half the apples are cookers which may well collapse unpleasantly. Oh well, we shall see. I shall leave the apples unpeeled in the air for a long time which may dry them out and give a better result. I think I will search for a suitable Tatin pan for future efforts. A visit to John Lewis may be necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Small oven-suitable frying pan is fine for tatin