Monday 10 December 2007

Curtain Obsession


I have now taken the curtains down and put up some which are a better length. However they don't really go with the colour scheme in the room which is kind of pink, red, turquoise and blue with rugs and soft furnishings and white paintwork. However they do go with the white paintwork. They are really funny curtains with mustachioed guardsmen standing in rows. I think they are from the fifties or sixties. I think they might be a Sanderson print - bright red, blue, black and gold uniforms against a white background. See snap above. I may well swap these for something more suitable, and put them in the spare room. With a white bedcover, some red and blue cushions including my union jack one, I think they will look excellent and quite amusing in a camp way.

I shall have to think about what to put in my room. First I need to get a bit of plastering on the window side of the wall done, and let this dry for however long it takes. As well as dealing with the aforementioned bric a brac and books. I have made a good start with the books by giving Louise about ten which I have recently read, with another ten to come soon. Today she was wearing some smart black suede boots which I admired. Apparently I had given her these as the legs had been too tight around the calf. They looked really good and I was glad that she liked them.

My nephew has offered to paint my room, but says he is no good at paintwork, OK on walls and ceilings though. It won't need doing for a while because of the plastering.

No comments: