Monday 31 December 2007

New Year's Eve - Sick Again

New Year's Eve today. Still not 100% after the Turkey & Tinsel and still taking Imodium, I have once again severely reduced my food intake. I think my first cup of coffee in ages set me off again yesterday. Shame, since I really like coffee. I shall also have to avoid all the fruit remaining in the house and may offer it to my neighbour upstairs.

The usual dire offerings from the telly, so shall probably watch one of the Bigas Luna collection DVDs which have arrived today. Although it has some rather sexy scenes, I seem to remember that the only one I have seen - Jamon, jamon - was rather good and very funny in parts. We shall see. I have been urged by an anonymous commentator to acquaint myself with Re-animator, so shall look it out. The DVD I am totally after is La Communidad, which I hope will arrive shortly. I have ordered several other DVDs today so am looking forward to some lazy evenings. I shall have to get a new telly next since the one I have is far too enormous.

In the evening I became very unwell and stayed in bed watching TV, doubled up in severe abdominal pain all night. I decided that the only thing was to rest, so I lay there, sipping water occasionally. I could have done with a hot water bottle to hug, but must have got thrown my last one away. I must buy one of those lavender sacks you can heat in the microwave as it would have helped. The noise outside was amazing - at midnight I could hear the fireworks, then lots of shouting later, then someone walking around beating a drum for ages.

This morning the pain is rather less, but I think I shall have to stick to water alone for the next few days and not take any more Imodium. I am not at all sure what is going on but can only hope for an eventual recovery and meanwhile, stay in bed.

No comments: