Saturday 15 December 2007

No Internet, Curtains and Tree


Some of my readers find my curtains to be rather questionable. Here's a larger shot of what they look like. I may or may not keep them but suspect they could be relegated to the spare room if I can get someone to fix a curtain rail there.

My internet has been out of action for over a week and apparently it is not my fault, something to do with the providers, Orange, though apparently they never admit it.

Dorothy and Julian kindly found me a tree in Borough Market, which they brought over today. Dorothy also had a go and has at least temporarily fixed my internet. So there is now a Christmas tree in my sitting room and I have changed my mantel decorations as they were a bit overwhelming. I now have a central large pine cone shaped candle, surrounded by little painted balsawood scenes created by Larry Bickerton, a former colleague of my stepfather's who has been a good friend to the family. Until last year I received one of these every year, some will hang from a large tree, but I have saved nearly all as standing decorations.

Tomorrow I am meeting my ex UCH colleagues and we are going off for lunch to Caprini I think. I shall have to pack because I am leaving on Monday morning for a Turkey and Tinsel break with the punters. I am unsure whether Romy is coming as she has injured her back badly. We shall see.

No comments: