Thursday 27 December 2007

Winterval Lull


Another very quiet day. Poor Dorothy even worse this morning with a temp of 104F. Fortunately this is now down to 100F. It really does sound like a nasty infection. Julian and I are going to Ennio Marchetto with a friend of hers as Dorothy is so unwell and must remain in bed.

I have recommenced the piles of washing which seem endless and trying to decide what to do with the remains of the Christmas food. I did make quite a decent pheasant soup, some of which I had for lunch. I may well purchase a food processor tomorrow. I have been meaning to do this for so long and keep being unable to make things because I don't have one. I could make a pheasant shepherd's pie. Might be interesting and it's not something I have tried before. I don't see why it shouldn't be very good indeed.

It is getting colder again outside. I rang Miss Bettaware. Since I now have a funeral to attend on 11th, I may travel up to Clacton in the morning of 12th, and stay overnight, returning on the Sunday afternoon. All subject to Julian being able to catsit, of course.

Spoke to Dorian, who is going to Barcelona on the way to Mahon tomorrow and looking for a restaurant near the port. Since Can Majo does not open until 8.30pm and they are getting the 9.45 ferry, they will probably go to Set Portes, as it starts serving at 7pm. If they book and stick to one course they should be OK.

No comments: