Saturday 1 December 2007

Pheasant Success but Telephone Problem

Pheasants are down to £4 each or 3 for £10 in Borough Market. Got 4 for £13, and Richard sold me a small bottle of Leffe Brune for £1. I threatened to send all the punters to his stall. The place was absolutely full of tourists and families with small children struggling with Christmas trees so I was glad to get back, despite the festive air. I may have to venture over again before Christmas.

Julian tells me that my tree is going to be purchased the week after next and is going up on 15th which seems fair enough.

I need to get my hands-free phone and some stamps asap today hopefully.

Unbelievably, you can't now buy stamps for letters abroad in the shops, but only at a post office so my foreign recipients may have to wait until about March for their cards, such are the queues at the post office. I only found one rather pathetic hands-free phone for sale in Woolworths, and unfortunately the installation is totally beyond my capability as apparently I need yet another filter because I have broadband which of course is not included. Not that I could have installed it anyway. I shall make do with the normal phone and may dump the hands-free one in the rubbish as I can't be bothered to take it back and have torn the wrappings anyway. Fortunately it was quite cheap.

No comments: