Saturday 22 December 2007

Sunday Before Christmas

Just a glimpse of the tree in the corner.

It is now Sunday. I spent yesterday doing washing and being generally exhausted. I heard that my poor neighbour who died suddenly had in fact been having chest and arm pains for the past few months, but that the hospital had put these down to 'stress'. I was in the Lye Torng when another neighbour, an elderly woman, came in, shocked about the news. She said that he had fixed a door for her recently, and had often done these sort of kind acts for various people. I managed to find some snaps of him with his wife which I took a few years ago . I shall put these into a condolence card for his widow.

I have just realised the shopping is coming this morning. I have made a kind of eggless marzipan for the top of the cake, and shall sort the icing out today. I don't know whether I dare venture to eat anything this morning. Yesterday, I just had sparkling water, flat coke, and in the evening, one oat biscuit. Much though I am tempted by the thought of my usual Sunday croissant and coffee, I feel this might be unwise. We shall see.

I just can't believe it is Christmas on Tuesday. Though I have done most things, I feel quite unprepared. I feel a long session of silver cleaning coming on.

No comments: