Sunday 30 December 2007

New Jewels and Drinkies

Rang Dorothy last night. Temperature down, throat still v. nasty, and quite crabby which is usually a sign of recovery.

I found someone called Freya on Ebay who makes hand-made jewellery. Quite expensive, but they are all semiprecious or precious stones, bound with gold-filled wire and set in vermeil. bought a pendant of pink and green tourmaline which was very intricate, and encouraged by the excellent craftsmanship, have bought myself another Christmas present of a pair of very elaborate earrings in amethyst, moss amethyst and chrome diopside. I do like a combination of greens and purples. She also has a gorgeous pair of earrings in corally kind of pink, mixed with small pink sapphire beads and large turquoise stones of something called Larimar, which comes from the Caribbean. Very tempting for the summer. I think her shop is called Tiger Burning Bright.

My Chairman and his wife have just been around for drinks to admire my new sitting room. They brought some Christmas biscuits and jams and jellies, always much appreciated.

No comments: