Wednesday 26 December 2007

Good Christmas But Boxing Day 'Flu

Dorothy and Julian arrived bearing gifts, food and drink. I was rather worried about feeding them as they are accustomed to eating in decent restaurants. However, the pheasants were fine, also the roast potatoes, and I managed not to overcook the baby carrots, parsnips, petits pois, and brussels sprouts with chestnuts. We stuck to sparkling white wine and finished off with one of Marco's puds: a kind of semifreddo with nuts and praline with a fruit sauce. We vegetated around and altogether, had a good day.

They were due to reappear today but I just had a call from Julian to say that Dorothy had become quite ill and developed really bad 'flu symptoms. I panicked when Dorothy said the temp. had risen to 102F, but had subsided a bit since. I persuaded Dorothy to take aspirin and drink plenty of fluids and if the temp did not go down satisfactorily, to ring NHS Direct immediately. I do hope my advice will be taken. I shall just have to wait and see how Dorothy is tomorrow.

No comments: