Thursday 15 May 2008

Clean House and Cats Stretchant

Annie the cleaner back today. She has done a great job improving the stables and I feel more comfortable in the place. All I have to do is avoid cooking. Last night I ate masses of cheese but chose the wrong wine. What I had taken to be a bottle of Italian red turned out to be almost rose in colour, rather sweet and a bit fizzy. Rather nice, but on its own, not with cheese. I shall endeavour to finish it tonight.

I have been thinking further about the silhouettes I was working on of Miss Bettawear and partner. I decided I might put their heads on to some rather jolly figures on a lawn with flowers and a tree, maybe sitting in chairs facing each other at a table, all in silhouette, which will mean finding the image and silhouetting it, then shrinking their heads to fit, which could be hard work but fun. I may be forced to do a bit of drawing, but that's life. For some reason this reminds me of Romy's idea for her house gate in Spain: Cast iron topped by a central lozenge or shield with initials R and B, or N in the middle, and on either side a stretching cat in profile like a lion couchant. Cats stretchant. Probably because it would also be a silhouette.

Am dreading our programme beginning soon. But am looking forward to the TV aerial man arriving on Saturday to fix the aerial. Nibby may or may not arrive tomorrow. At least the house is clean for her.

No comments: