Friday 30 May 2008

Last Day, Lesley B

Last dinner today. Harold served up too much food, and the huge plate of seared tuna followed by the giant tiramisu was somewhat excessive after the potato dish and the risotto.

I am rather old fashioned, and the only things I like served rare are beef, and to some degree, lamb. I do like everything else, including duck, and especially any fish to be completely cooked, so the tuna, which had only been briefly introduced to the frying pan, was fairly inedible, and was red rather than pink all through except for about 2mm which was cooked on the outside, so I tried to eat some of the ends rather than leaving it all.

I don't think I was misrepresented all that much, but little was made of Lesley's faux pas in leaving the place full of dirty dishes and not appearing, particularly as they had to film the winner in the same room later. Half an hour before, she still had not put in an appearance. She apparently thought I was annoyed about her not getting up. The fact is I thought she had let herself down on national television, albeit daytime TV.

On the ITV site it quotes me as saying I was glad Lesley was an early riser, like me! This was a comment I had in fact made about Lesley Turner, the 'dinner lady'. Get it right, ITV.

At least it is all over now and I can stop worrying about my portrayal on the programme.

No comments: