Friday 23 May 2008

Imminent Telly Shame and Exposure to Ridicule

I have been persuaded to watch the first episode of telly trauma on Monday at Lesley's house where I will be lunching with Lesley and friends. Karen and her husband are picking me up at the station at Finchley Road, so I have run out of excuses not to go. Romy, lucky thing, is too busy to come. I don't know whether Stephen or Lesley B will put in an appearance. I would rather have watched the whole thing through my fingers with my hands over my face at home, which is how I will watch Wednesday, Thursday and Friday's episodes.

Romy rang to say we have been mentioned in Radio Times etc. It seems my flat is 'eccentric' and that Malvolio was unfaithful to me and spent the night with the house guest, Lesley, according to the publicity. To my almost certain knowledge he was with me, though of course he could have crept out during the night if she had left the door open, the old roue.

No word from Dorothy and Julian, though the mortgage has not been paid as I am now considerably overdrawn so will have to try and find some money fast. Not helped by the purchase this morning of a pair of shoes and a bag from the telly.

No comments: