Sunday 11 May 2008

Nasty Cold for Nibby

Poor Nibby went back to Surrey to spend the weekend with Bear. Unfortunately she has developed an awful cold and won't be able to help on the French trip. But we have someone on the waiting list who can take up her seat, fortunately. What a pity - to come all that way, and then become ill. It could have been worse as we had been thinking of hiring a car and going to Devon, and Nibby would have had to drive while feeling ill.

Bear came back with her to collect her things as she will probably now leave from his place. I hope she is able to get to Cheltenham and cope with the dinner party being given for her there.

It is so hot, I have only been able to spend short periods in the garden, which looks quite smart now. I just need a few tall flowery pots to insert among the bushy bits to make it look quite professional. When I have done that I shall take a few snaps.

Tried to find a red or pink jacket or cardigan just in case it is a bit chilly in France. I shall wear some red trousers and my reversible top, wearing turquoise trousers and the other side of the top for the return journey. For the evening I shall throw in my reversible dress, so will be travelling light.

No comments: