Saturday 31 May 2008

Saturday, The Day After

Had a good lunch club at Sorriso with Plum, Boss St. Bloke and a Belgian girl whose name I can't remember. This is a new little Italian place near Elephant and Castle. They gave us a large free surprise plate of toast with tomato and ham. The melanzane parmigiano was not much good, but the pizzas looked fine, so I shall stick to those or a pasta next time. The house red, very drinkable, was £7.99 per bottle so we managed to demolish a couple of bottles. They made the mistake of serving margarine, not butter, with the bread, which was fairly vile.

We all enjoyed ourselves though, and Plum and I are meeting at the Royal Oak for next week, and possibly the Lye Torng the week after. I am hoping to persuade them to try the Latino at the Elephant & Castle at some future date.

My friends have been amused by my telly appearances, which were less vile than I had anticipated - though playing the 'sugar plum fairy' as I heavily staggered about on the last day was rather uncalled for - but I can see how they couldn't resist it.

Had some emails from Julian about catfeeding while I am away with the pensioners. It seems Julian cannot now cope with this so I have a rather serious problem. I think my upstairs neighbour may be able to manage this in June, and I think I shall have to try and find someone else to go with them on the rest of the holidays. If this can be done I suppose I will have more time to deal with administrative matters in the office. I might also be able to take some days of annual leave off in London, or doing day trips here and there. Romy did say she might know of someone who might possibly be able to go with them. Otherwise I shall have to ring some nursing, or care agencies to see what they can do.

No comments: