Sunday 18 May 2008

Nibby Gone, Good Telly and Bad Tomatoes

Nibby appeared at lunch time on Friday feeling rather better, and we had a very quiet day and evening at home before she had to leave early on Saturday morning.

Then the aerial man arrived and put up a very tall aerial on the roof resulting in perfect TV picture which has been a joy ever since. Unfortunately the ads for House Guest have been appearing, but fortunately we are not shown on these. It all starts on Monday.

Poor Dorothy has had a vile week at work following the flesh-eating scare, and is hoping things are at least temporarily resolved or we shall all be seeking alternative ways of making money. At least Nibby is, since she can hardly raise her right arm above a certain height. I have suggested a management role but she tells me she is too scatty. A family trait I fear.

Last night I consumed a very large Bloody Mary and started eating a kipper with bread and butter and tea for supper. I started feeling very strange indeed - rather like the onset of asthma, with a burning sensation at the top of my chest and upper back and breathlessness. I decided I might be about to have a heart attack, but was not sure, and feeling generally ill besides,took an aspirin and went to bed, abandoning the food, a rare event for me. Slept a bit fitfully, but things were OK in the morning. I tried to think of anything unusual I had eaten, and there was just the large Bloody Mary. I suspected tomatoes, as I very rarely eat them in quantity and the juice was made from puree. Sure as eggs is eggs, there is a tomato allergy which growers and makers of tomato products get: tight chest, burning and asthma-like symptoms and malaise. Identical to mine. A bit unfortunate as I have just purchased large quantities of stuff to make these drinks, which I will now have to abandon. Not too sure about the horseradish in it either. Maybe the combination did not help.

No comments: