Thursday 8 May 2008

Lovely Weather but Still No Internet


Busy couple of days. Nibby was brought over to me, and we spent Tuesday wandering down the river from South Bank in the sun, stopping off for a pub lunch, and, failing to find a boat for a ride, ended up having tea and cakes at Shipps Tearooms, Nibby, above.

To my shame, despite eight years of fine art training, I had never been to the Wallace Collection, but a friend of Nibby's arranged to meet us there. It is an extraordinary place, crammed with well known paintings, decoration and furniture and glass, ceramics, silver etc, much of it from France and Italy. There is a lovely cafe there in a large atrium full of plants, and we had a delightful lunch before resuming our tour of the place. Highly recommended.

Still no home internet. Orange are blaming Billion and Billion are blaming Apple. Dorothy tells me it cannot be apple as I am able to pick up the internet elsewhere and places the blame squarely on Orange. Now I am considering a deal from AOL which charges £30 odd for a connection fee, then £4.99 a month for 3 months with a free modem, then £14.99 a month with no contract. We shall see, though people have always told me that AOL is crap.

We had a light lunch in the garden after a Pimms today and Dorothy and Julian are taking us out to dinner at Applebee's in Borough Market tonight.

No comments: