Wednesday 28 May 2008

My Dinner Day

It was my turn to put my head on the block yesterday. Actually I didn't think it was too bad apart from the filming of me talking in a west indian accent when I was describing being a child in Trinidad, which could have been misinterpreted somewhat. There was also a manipulated bit where my guest was apparently left sitting around alone while Romy and I chatted in the kitchen.

I did not look too awful, and the house looked good, and Romy at least was portrayed as the perfect host, which she was, and a complete support to me in my hour of need, as I could hardly walk at all having injured my knee badly before the programme. The day had started at 7am and went on without any break until the crew left at around 2am, then I was up at 5.30 to give Leslie and I time to get up before the camera crew arrived at 7am the following morning.

I now only have two more days to worry about. Today, Stephen the winner hosts. I certainly remember being totally exhausted after my day. That meant I had to be helped to walk by the sound engineer at the beginning of Stephen's evening! Fortunately I spent most of the time sitting down. I wonder how much they will put into the programme. I hope they show some of his preparation as they did for everyone else.

No comments: