Thursday 29 May 2008

Stephen's Showroom

Stephen's party. I saw rather more of myself than I liked in several ways. Apart from the huge bulk, the camera kept dwelling on my face while I was eating, and I had a deeply unflattering outfit on. And not enough lipstick. Oh well, just as well they didn't show me finding out that Stephen had forgotten the angostura in the champagne cocktail, and the decidedly dodgy conversation I had with Stephen about Fetish aka Malvolio being a 'bear cat' as he is rather podgy. But they did show me finding Stephen out over his rubbish 'antique' cake/cheese glass dish and cover.

I thought Lesley was rather stupid to give Stephen nine points after he had kept her up for most of the night when she was cooking on the last day. As she would find out.

Otherwise the evening was well shown, with all the small quibbles, i.e. no Angostura, no napkins, someone saying the pudding was too sweet, etc. left out in the edit. Also a lot of the best bits - Stephen entertaining us all with his books and quotes. Still, it all has to be about the food, as we were sometimes reminded when we started to chat about other things.

No comments: