Saturday 24 May 2008

More Shame, Soups and Garden

Oh God, my national shame is even closer.

Made quite an interesting onion soup by roasting a few in their skins, frying a few sliced thinly and caramelised with sugar, and boiling a couple whole studded with a few cloves, then adding chicken stock. Seasoned, it tastes quite good but I am considering purchasing some sage and making sage and onion soup. In any event I may serve it gratinee with some cheese toasty things on top. While I was thinking about it I found a book by Lindsay Bareham all about soups so may investigate further. I shall also definitely make some chowder using a bit of salmon I found in the freezer and adding different fish to it. I shall have to make some more bread today, and purchase some potatoes for the chowder which I shall probably make later today. Definitely getting a soup thing.

Will ring Nibby in Oz tomorrow to see how she has settled down back at home again after her extensive travels. My garden is looking quite decent after her attack on it.

A bit worried about Dorothy and Julian, but they are probably too busy and stressed to answer my emails and messages.

No comments: