Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year's Day


A very quiet day. Madeleine turned up with a wonderful present - a food sizzler - for me. I shall become proficient in stir-fried food soon, and be able to present wonderful sizzling dishes, once I discover how to make them.

Madeleine brought some superb pink champagne and we enjoyed this with home-made bread and cheese, smoked salmon and salad and a hot dish from Marks & Spencer tasting rather like Kentucky fried chicken. Unfortunately Dorothy and Julian were rather jaded and therefore unable to join us.

Tomorrow I shall attack the tree and remove the decorations before seeing what I can do to try and dispose of it.

I have ordered a fake 6' tree covered in 'snow' from DZD for next year which will make my life easier as I shall not have to decorate it. May add some lights, though. For an authentic pine smell I shall hang a branch or wreath elsewhere in the room.

No comments: