Tuesday 8 September 2009

Disaster

has struck. Was painting a small vase of flowers last night and went in this morning on my way upstairs to have a look at it, then heard a dripping noise in the room. Water was dripping fast from the ceiling on to lots of small paintings, the sofa corner and the floor. Must be the bath drain leaking yet again. I have put towels all over the place, removed the paintings to hopefully dry out and called the plumber who is in the middle of fitting some gas pipes and can't come, probably until later on this afternoon. I shall go into work for a bit and await his call.

This is really awful, happening the day before a committee meeting when I have work to do - it will no doubt continue for the next few days while parts are purchased, etc. I hope the room dries out properly.

No comments: