Sunday 20 September 2009

Sunday

Nibby not at home, which was a pity. I could have done with a chat. Went to Elephant & Castle to pick up a paper from WH Smith. A lot of activity and noises inside the old Woolworths. I chatted with the girl in Smiths about how long it would be before they pulled the shopping centre down. She was surprised that someone might be opening something next door. I said I had lived here for 17 years, and they were going to demolish it when I came. I added that if they turned the whole thing into a building site, maybe I wouldn't be too sorry to pop my clogs, rather than live in the middle of it, which made her giggle.

Ocado arrived early, so it was a good thing that I was at home. I do feel rather better generally today but will definitely go to the office for a bit tomorrow. I can't concentrate well enough to start another painting, but at least I have four little primed canvases ready for when I do feel up to it.

Had another delicious cappucino from my new machine this morning. It really is very good coffee. I have purchased about a year's supply of pods for it. Lovely and sunny outside today, which is good and probably helps to cheer me up.

No comments: