Wednesday 30 September 2009

Kooky Out and Wiggy Me

Great news. Couldn't find Kooky this morning, then heard a plaintive mew from outside. He had got out through the catflap - though, as yet, too timid to come back in the same way. I am hoping he will now learn these new skills and have more freedom when I am away or out of the house.

Good fun last night. Went to Selfridges with Julian and managed to purchase two wigs: one streaked blonde and the other a deep reddish colour, almost matching the dress I was wearing and both in a bob style, the blonde with one side longer and the red with a slight fringe. Trying the wigs on made me realise how thin my hair has become since I stopped taking HRT. Years ago, I took my mother-in-law to try some wigs, but none of them looked OK. I think if you have a thin face they tend to look very fake because the hair seems too thick unless they are specially made. Fortunately my worst problem was looking like Benny Hill until we had brushed them into order. A fat face can be quite handy sometimes. I definitely felt like Amy Lame in the dark one with my black glasses. I shall take a couple of snaps sometime. Julian took some last night to show Dorothy. I hope they had a good giggle.

No comments: