Thursday 27 May 2010

Birds and Miserable Me.

I am becoming rather fond of birds. Joined the RSPB last year and dangled coconut halves all over the garden. Now tits are there nearly all the time. I have a recipe for refilling the coconuts and have purchased a stately home type hanging feeder. Next I shall purchase a nesting box or two, and maybe a hanging bath. Kooky may well complain.

Wondered why I was feeling rather despondent the other day. Then realised:

1. I am sixty eight, and will be sixty nine this year.
2. I am hugely fat at just under 17 stone.
3. Ugly, with thinning hair and warts all over my face.
4. Suffering from strange dizziness, horrible scalp and nail psoriasis and just starting to get rather nasty arthritis of the fingers as well as longstanding pain in hips.
5. Absolutely vile neighbours opposite.
6. Living alone and watching too much TV.

There's probably more. Then tried for some positives:

1. Good grown-up son and daughter in law.
2. Good job.
3. Liking my flat now I have changed it all around.
4. Excellent little garden, newly improved.
5. Looking forward to doing some more artwork soon.
6. Brilliant colleague who has helped tremendously with the house and garden.
7. Nice sister who has recently visited from Oz.
8. Good ex sister in law who I see occasionally.
9. Cute, though vile enormous black cat.
10. Had a great river trip with Nibs when the weather was fine, so can do more of this in the summer.
11. Other neighbours fine.

There's probably more of this too.

But that's enough to cheer me up a bit for now.

No comments: