Friday 28 May 2010

Scary Symptoms

Dear me, thought I was having a heart attack. Purchased some chocolate coated cocoa nibs at Borough Market and consumed them this afternoon. Not very much - about a couple of tablespoons full. Rested a bit upstairs, got up and had this tight band kind of feeling in my chest and felt distinctly unwell. Difficulty in breathing. Drank some water and lay down again waiting for things to get worse. They didn't. Slowly and tentatively started moving about again and was OK. Then remembered the chocolate nibs and googled chocolate allergy, which can give you asthma type symptoms. Though I have eaten these before without a problem my father in law, a GP, used to say that you could suddenly become allergic to things. The chocolate recipe may have been different from the previous time, too.

While slightly recovered, my mind immediately went to the mess in the flat, so I emptied the washing machine and dishwasher and put stuff away. Funny how, if you think you might croak, you start tidying up if you can manage it.

Just found out that it was a great tit in my garden. So I have two great tits and two blue tits. As well as an 'ample bosom' according to David Dickinson.

Earlier today, had a fairly light lunch at Katzenjammers with Plum and her husband. The place filled up with lots of young men, as before. My food was fine, but Plum's husband said his chips were cold. They had no puddings, and no coffee.

No comments: