Sunday 2 May 2010

Soaking Wet Sunday

Yesterday, I rather wore myself out in John Lewis. It was a complete nightmare getting there and back, though St. James' Park was quite amusing with a troupe of Michael Jackson dancer lookalikes practising their routine, and a painter doing a tiny painting. Lots of roads closed but eventually got to John Lewis.I looked at the standard lamps, which were vile. I purchased some YSL Top Secrets Flash something or other, which makes an excellent undercoat on the skin before makeup. I then bought some picture hooks, some Wundaweb, some self threading needles, two very good pillows, and a rather excellent cushion in brilliant colours for Nib's bed. Had a steak for lunch with a glass of wine before a frustrating taxi ride home, with a protest march forcing us down as far as Blackfriars Bridge.

Dear me, it has rained practically all night and looks pretty dreary this morning. Kooky has lost the will to live and is lying on my bed because he can't go outside. Great excitement though - Romy, supposed to be away for the weekend, has nevertheless not forgotten me and phoned me a couple of snaps of old standard lamps, refurbished. Picked a rather jolly one for £30 which will look excellent in my room. She will bring it round with the table in due course. Romy is so clever.

Tried ringing Nibby this morning but she is due to leave for Canada tomorrow morning (our tonight) so may have gone to bed very early in preparation.

No comments: