Monday 3 May 2010

Monday


Well, the weather has improved a bit. Romy around last night with my wonderful new standard lamp for my bedroom and the table, which had hit a problem in transit, necessitating one leg going back to be mended, so I shall wait until its return before painting. I am having to put so many coats of paint on everything - I am sure the paint I bought is lacking in pigment. I have decided not to purchase the electric stove. I do have a fire after all, and all I need to do is neaten up the edges of the fireplace somehow. I think pro tem I will not paint tiles on the canvas, but just some decorative effect using the colours in the room. It is useful to be able to cover the hole and reduces draughts in the room. I may need to fix it with a couple of mirror plates to the surround. In due course when I have neatened the edges I think I will purchase a firebowl to put inside, maybe at Christmas or if anyone ever comes around to tea.

Dorothy and Julian said they were coming around at seven but did not appear until 10.15. This was fortunate as I was able to watch a very good documentary about Warhol on BBC1. They looked around - I suspect Julian may think I have done the wrong thing in painting the fire surround and long mirror white - there was a sharp intake of breath - but to be fair, I had only painted one coat so they did not look too good. I am hoping they will eventually look deeply wonderful. Julian and Dorothy thought that I should put masses of paintings (mine) on the wall opposite the spare bed which I may well do, since storage is proving such a problem, and masses of other paintings on the wall behind my bed, which I have started doing, and which could be fun, rather like all the paintings crammed on the walls at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. I eventually got to bed at 12.30, only to be woken up by Kooky, now sporting a painted white neck ruff, whiskers and tail patch, at 5.30am. So sweet.

No comments: