Thursday 20 May 2010

Friday

Nibby spent a sleepless night, jetlagged. We cabbed it to John Lewis later that morning and had a look around. I purchased a couple of bottles of PX since I am providing the dessert wine at Saturday's SE1 dinner party, then we looked at furnishing fabrics and I bought a set of Laguiole teaspoons in bright colours. We had a very good lunch in the brasserie - fish pie with tomato salad and a couple of puds, after which we came home and subsided for a few hours. Uneventful soapwatching evening. A pity Nibs has to go oop North today and I may not see much of her before she disappears back to Oz.

I shall have the SE1 lunch club today at Katzenjammers.

Tim Williams rang last night to say his daughter had told him about my TV appearance so he had watched it. I haven't heard from Tim for about three years. Seems a senior colleague had been best man at Nibby's wedding many years ago and wanted to be in touch with her, so she emailed him yesterday. Strange that Tim happened to ring while Nibs was over from Oz.

No comments: