Saturday 26 February 2011

Caturday Morning

After this morning, I went to Marks and purchased a paper, some food and wine, and made it back to Lye Torng in time for a green curry for lunch, which was very good. Tonight's dinner party looms and I am still trying to decide what to wear. Shall I go for a severe black dress, brightened only by my drag queen diamante black specs and a very sparkly diamante cuff? Or shall I wear my midnight velvet trendy dress? I am leaning towards the midnight velvet at the moment. We shall see.

I am toying with a French turquoise tablecloth for tomorrow's lunch, but it is rather bright, necessitating more turquoise pieces in the room to tie it up. I suppose I should be much more concerned about the food than the table. We shall see.

Last night Julija Svetlova called with the print I have bought. Although it is rather decorative I certainly fell for it. I may try doing a snap, but for now, it is a group of pigeons with some kind of flowered layer superimposed. Apparently the paper is special paper which will last 250 years, probably longer than the planet, but not sure about the inks. It is a kind of photographic image, anyway. I shall take it to the framer this morning and have identified a good space to hang it. Julija is from Lithuania but is Russian, and is doing bits of filming and photography over here. She does a bit of teaching at the LCC over the road occasionally. Her work is certainly very original and interesting.

No comments: