Thursday 10 February 2011

Weak Flesh

When I was having such trouble with the oven on Sunday, I burned my hand a bit, but this was healing well by Wednesday morning. However, the burn was very visible on the right hand. We had a trustee meeting that evening, and thinking my hand looked rather repulsive, I decided to cover it with a plaster. Of course, all I could find at home was a pale green plaster with the legend 'keep calm and carry on' on it. Since meetings can become more than a little tense at times, this seemed appropriate.

As it happened the meeting wasn't too bad, but when I arrived home later, and removed the plaster, the scab had disappeared and the burn was looking rather revolting. By Thursday it had scabbed over again, but there was a nasty red puffy area of inflammation and infection around it. I was rather annoyed with myself for putting the plaster on, since I had to visit the quack and start antibiotics that evening. Oh well.

During this time, Kooky had developed more tummy lumps, and a small wound on his tummy. I shall have to drag him to the vet, since I can't examine him without being bitten, probably on my already infected right hand. Dear me. Romy is also in the wars with various injuries. Must be the time of year. Or the time of life, in my case.

Having put on half a pound last week, I succumbed to the scales on several occasions this week and appear to have gained pounds in weight. This may be the thin end of the wedge so I was very careful yesterday, and will continue so, but I have a sinking feeling that this may be an unsuccessful week for weight loss. I feel a plateau, at the very least, beckoning. All will be revealed, unfortunately, on Sunday.

No comments: