Friday 4 February 2011

Kook, Words and Old Coin


Have managed to cut a few fur lumps from Kook, I may need help from Julian to do some more. It is really quite awkward, especially as he can be a biter, and I have to be careful about invisible nipples and boy bits. So I tend to be rather ultra-cautious.


Reading the free Readers Digest inflicted on me at Christmas, I discovered my 'Word Power' is not very good. For example, I discovered that 'rebarbative' means unattractive, and that someone's 'hamartia' is their fatal flaw, as in ' John's hamartia was his addiction to the bottle, this in turn leading to his becoming extremely rebarbative in decent company.' Such fun for the illiterate like moi.

I must try and get along to the British Museum some time, where I think they have a coin section. In the sixties, I found a bronze coin in the garden in some soil. It has uneven edges, broken slightly in one place. One surface appears to be blank, but the other has an image of an arch, with a woman seated, holding an infant. It is hard to see the image, so I may do a rubbing in the hope of bringing it out a bit. I would really like to know what it is. Here's a bad snap, but will try and get a better image some time.

No comments: