Saturday 19 February 2011

More Caturday

M & S have stopped doing their two course dinners with wine for a tenner, so I was rather thwarted, but they had some good two for one offers. I purchased some chicken thighs and decided to roast them in the oven with garlic, onions and sweet potato chips, smothered in rosemary and sprinkled with olive oil. I also bought some raw prawns to cook in garlic. I may do Nibby's orange and gin pudding, served on slices of boiled orange cake. We shall see.

Just read in The Times that Alfred Burke, the actor, died the other day. The family used to live in Barnes next to my in-laws and we knew them all well. I remember Alfred commenting on how smart my son looked at a wedding, when the boy wore a morning suit for the first (and possibly, last) time. Makes me rather sad, thinking of happier times. An occupational hazard of old age, like dying, unfortunately.

Kook is still lying on the bed. He always lies around a lot inside when it is raining. I wish he would read a bloody book or make himself useful.

No comments: