Saturday 19 February 2011

Le Bouchon Breton Brunch

My new b.f. Alice came around and we had a cuppa before setting off for Spitalfields market. Of course the reason for the cheap Groupon deal was that Saturday is the only day when the market is closed. Never mind though, I have a Sunday lunch deal which I may redeem soon. Actually the brunch was really quite good. We both had scrambled egg surrounded by quite a lot of smoked salmon. My friend ate my toast, and had some Buck's Fizz while I had a bloody Mary. We both had coffees, then her friend turned up. She had travelled up from Devon, but was originally from London, and excited to be back again. They were both going to see a musical about ? Woody Guthrie, anyway, some folksy thing.

Dorothy appeared this evening, bearing gifts: a little baby Buddha figure; a pretty ring and a lovely blue and mauve fine scarf. Quite a day for presents: Alice had already given me a little bunch of daffodil buds. Dorothy and I had tea and a chat, and new light bulbs were put in the kitchen, revealing its true awfulness and mess, but at least I can now see around properly. Must give it a clean tomorrow.

No comments: