Thursday 24 February 2011

Thor's Day

Finally cleared the place up.

Back to work again, with very dull weather. Romy texted me to say how good it was in Spain.

Becoming somewhat emboldened by my Sunday lunch and dinner exploits, I invited Bear and his latest girl to lunch on Sunday. Also invited Julian and Dorothy, but unsure whether they will be coming. Anyway, it's all good fun.

The SE1 dinner party host has not contacted me with her address for Saturday, so I am not sure whether this has been cancelled or not. In a way, I hope it has. I foolishly jumped on my scales to find I had gained 4lb! so would not be sorry to starve a bit on Saturday, not to mention tomorrow as well. My weight certainly fluctuates enormously during the week.

A call today from Julian who has purchased me a wonderful vacuum cleaner. It is a Samsung with the easiest emptying thingy I have ever seen. Julian showed me how to work it and changed the upstairs hall light bulb, then pulled up some garden weeds before disappearing again.

I am so lucky with my family. Rang Timbo in NZ and all the family are well, thank goodness. Fortunately they were all in Wellington.

Had a meeting with someone from Age Concern about the proposal to close nine out of the twelve day centres in Southwark. It really is a nightmare. Perhaps it is the government version of euthanasia by stealth. And someone has just published a paper to say there will be 100,000 fewer nursing home places within the next few years, which will cause the 'elderly bed blocking' again. I also read about some hospital threatening to sue some 'bed blockers' after evicting them from the hospital. This is your England.

No comments: