Monday 14 February 2011

Drugs, Oldies and Winges



Still taking the antibiotics, now two lots: one for the kidney and one for the burn. Felt a sore throat coming on last night and think I now have a cold. What a bore.

Anyway, read quite an amusing article yesterday from the New York Times. All about a suit to be worn by a young person trying to imitate the movement difficulties experienced by oldies - the suit looked like a climbing suit, but with helmet, restrictions on movement from elasticated bits, heavy boots, orange glasses to dull the vision etc. etc. I suppose they didn't want a real oldie to test things in case they croaked. Seems the oldie market is quickly expanding, but I imagine our UK government cuts will put paid to that: just read that 15 out of 17 local day centres will close. Dear me.

Decided to cheer myself up with some retail therapy. Although fringes do not suit me, I have always had a yearning for one, so imagine my joy when I discovered Hersheshon 'winges' presumably wig fringes. Such vanity in a woman of nearly 70. Shows there is no limit to it - it reminds me of dressing up dolls when I was a child. Such fun. Anyway here's a couple of snaps of me looking a bit fierce taken with my iphone. I may also purchase a dark one, though purple and pink beckon. All I now need is somewhere to wear them.

No comments: