Wednesday 16 February 2011

Still Lying Low

Dear me. Feeing slightly better yesterday so got up and dressed and put makeup on for the first time in a couple of days. However, I later found myself laid low by violent diarrhoea. Suspicious, since I had been taking Flucloxacillin for the burn infection, I decided that there was a small risk of pseudomembranous colitis. Things improved later, but I awoke this morning with a chest infection and my throat even more sore. Normally I would take a course of Klacid for this, but I had to forego this option because of the risk of colitis. Damn nuisance. Not sure whether to go to the quack to see if I can get some Metronidazole on demand, but have decided to leave things until tomorrow. I hope things improve because of my brunch date on Saturday. Seems my brunch companion has also had a nasty cold and cough requiring antibiotics, but is well now. There's obviously some bug around.

Romy has made great progress in my absence, so I am certain not to be missed when I retire soon. The newsletter is brilliant, as usual, and I am sure the unusual peace and quiet in the office has helped matters.

Today, I shall take things quietly and not return to work as I am a bit worried about spreading infection with the cough. I shall communicate by email and telephone. So boring.

Scrabble on my iphone is really useful when loafing about the house, feeling tired and ill. My itunes are also great, now I have the docking station provided by Dorothy and Julian at Christmas.

No comments: