Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year's Day

I shall have a bath this morning and go back to bed with a cup of tea. Madeleine rang last night before my pains really got going. She has also been ill since Christmas. She had to work in an empty office until 3.30 on Christmas Eve, and had to go in to work yesterday, when, of course, nothing happened all day. Ridiculous. She sounded perfectly awful. I do hope we are all better by Sunday when we are due to go to the pantomime. She is talking of having a Chinese lunch with Dorothy and Julian first, and will ring on Friday. I am not convinced that eating first will be an option for them as we will be lucky to get them to the theatre on time for the performance. If we all go, maybe eating afterwards would be a better idea. If I ever eat again.

It is now 12.30, and I ran a bath earlier but fell asleep. I am now re-running this. Maybe a bath will revive me a bit. I have just had a mug of water with a teaspoon of Marmite stirred in. At least I will be keeping up my B vitamins and I have enough fat to keep me alive for weeks.

I bought an amaryllis some time in November. I had virtually given up on it, but a green shoot has finally appeared, and is now nearly an inch high. I think it was supposed to flower in time for Christmas!

Dorothy rang. Missed new Year's Eve parties which had promised to be great, but in the end Julian went off to one of the smaller gatherings. Dorothy still not a hundred per cent but quite a bit better and is going to work tomorrow.

Watched 'The Tit and the Moon' which was utterly bizarre.

No comments: