Sunday 13 April 2008

Delhi Belly, Ice Cream Sucess and Nibby's Impending Arrival

I am suffering a bit. Maybe it was the Tai Tip Mein lunch. Vietnamese tonight with college friends. Good luck!

After my success with lemon posset, I discovered that you can make quick ice cream with slightly beaten double cream, adding runny honey instead of sugar, and adding other stuff such as chopped ginger in syrup or whatever. I whipped the cream a bit, added the honey, crumbled a few soft amaretti in and added the juice of a lemon. It freezes without granulating after a couple of hours, ideal for a dinner party.

Spoke to Roxy last night who is a bit depressed about the property market. We have vowed to have another meeting soon.

Nibby is excited about coming to England. I shall talk to Romy about the possibility of her giving us a hand with the punters on the French trip if there are any seats available. If not, she will spend a day or two in Oxford. I am hoping to meet her at Heathrow when she arrives in the country. Maybe Dorothy and Julian will be able to come too, as it is quite easy by tube.

No comments: