Wednesday 9 April 2008

Fat, Flat and No Cleaner

I really am gullible - I sent off for some rather expensive Hoodia Gordonii to use as an appetite depressant in what will no doubt be yet another vain attempt to shed some weight. Ha ha, but I shall experiment for a week or so, unless the stuff makes me feel ill in which case I shall abandon it fast, as one doesn't know what is actually in the capsule, unregulated as these things are. I shall weigh myself this morning, and check my weight at the end of the week.

Dorothy and Julian are staying in one of the flats owned by my friend Derek in Barcelona while they check the reason for the non-existence of electricity in my flat. It is really turning out to be a working holiday. Meanwhile my ex brother in law is trying to find a flat to stay in for a few days later in the year. I said my flat did not have his essential requirement - a coffee machine - and that he should consider one of Derek's very superior flats in the smartest part of Barcelona.

Being unused to having a cleaner, I decided I had to spend this morning tidying my flat which is in a frightful mess, before the cleaner arrived later today. However, when I returned last night I found a note to say she had 'done her back in' and would not be putting in an appearance today. I was slightly relieved, but am wondering how long this condition will last.

No comments: